YOU CAN CONSULT GENERAL PRACTITIONERS ABOUT THE FOLLOWING MATTERS
- colds and flu
- minor wounds
- infections and communicable diseases
- blood pressure and cholesterol measurement
- certificates concerning health status
- when you want to discuss matters related to your health.
If your problem requires a consultation with a specialist, the general practitioner can recommend and refer you to the appropriate doctor. There are no impediments to wheelchair or wheeled walker access to any of the doctors at the medical centre or the hospital.
The most common health status certificates from General Practitioners at Eira Hospital:
- driving licence certificate
- seafarer’s certificate
- certificate for divers
- certificates for studies or for an employer
- health certificate for young people.
NB: Medications containing benzodiazepines or other similar medications that primarily affect the central nervous system
- are not prescribed in conjunction with an emergency appointment at the clinic
- should treatment with benzodiazepines be necessary (e.g. in the event of a risk of serious withdrawal problems), a minimal treatment, e.g. chlordiazepoxide 25 mg x 3 XXIV, is recommended in order to counteract spasms
- people who habitually use medications that primarily affect the central nervous system are recommended follow-up within psychiatric care.